Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Key + Dog + Garden: Sex and the City (2008)

April 24, 2012

I'm not really a movies person, I am more a "books" person. To me words are deeper and more expansive that the movies which are usually based on these books /words.

When I drew these cards for today, I knew I was going to find some revelation today which has something to do with friends.Not one friend but many or may be all of them (Garden represents "many" as an adjective). 
Last night was a depressive one. Its just one of those phases, but its getting worse and worse.
I decided to give myself a good day, watch a fun movie and then just stay in bed all day long, not worrying about anything at all. I ended up watching three movies in a row, and the last one I watched was Sex and the City. This movie reminded me of my daily draw today. Friends are what we have in our bad times, people we can rely on, turn to when there is no one to help us get up again. My favourite scene was when Big tries to apologise to Carrie in the middle of the road and carrie is hugging Charlotte tight and Charlotte is almost crying but she still manages to scold Big, and then at the end she takes her anger out on Big for hurting her friend. That was really cute. 

This daily draw is all about that wonderful person in our lives, or a group of them (Garden) who we can rely on. Its very important to understand their importance in our lives, and to hold on to them and not letting them go when we think we do not need them any more, because few years down the lane, in one weak moment of loneliness and depression, we do realize that we do need them.

They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style. -Carrie Bradshaw , Sex and the City (2008)-



No comments:

Post a Comment