Monday, March 26, 2012

Sabian Symbol: Taurus 12 for Week 12(updated)

Last week was my first week for which I drew a Sabian Symbol. The Symbol was

Sabian Symbol: A quite youthful young couple is walking down a busy street, stopping to peer into every window with joyful glee.

When I first read this symbol, I thought I might go shopping or buy something this week. I was disappointed when I did not. Either way, I'm not very fond of shopping (unlike many girls my age :D). Over the span of 7 days, I realized that these symbols are deeper than that. I should have looked at the deeper meanings of this card.

When we go shopping, specially with someone with whom every level of joy is elevated, its only natural to feel enthusiastic, joyful, excited and cheerful for apparently no reason. I have experienced these feelings when I go with my best friend or someone very close to me. When we look at things in the windows, its not the products or our desire to buy them, its just this feeling of joy you get when you see something really nice or pretty.

Another aspect of shopping while being excited is , we visualize and imagine ourselves in those things. The feel of "new" is very joyful, that is why we see shopaholics around us (my mother is one of them). I see this joy on her face every time she buys a new dress or a new ring.

This reminds me of another aspect of shopping; wishful thinking. We look at things and we feel a surge of motivation. I can well relate to this, when I look at something I have always wanted, or something I want to have but I cannot purchase yet, it gives me a motivation. I would work harder to get it, own it, posses it. and when I do, I feel a heightened joy.

This symbol manifested in my week just like that. I have made my very first Vision Board, on which I have placed the pictures of all the things I want to have in 2012. I don't know why I was so tempted to put a picture of really nice glittery shoes on that board. I'm not fond of shoes, and I'm the "joggers are fit for every occasion" kind, but it just makes me happy to look at them, so I put them there. Yesterday I was meditating and all of sudden I thought I might want to wear those white ones for my wedding (someday!). This is same as the window shopping, you buy them or you do not, but that one moment of joy you experience when you look at something beautiful or something you have always wanted but you did not know until you saw it, is priceless!

Back to the symbol, to me this symbol means, dreams are our way to success and they motivate us. Whether we can achieve them or not, that is not even my concern right now. All I know is that I'm loving chasing my dreams and I do not care whether or not I get successful in having it all! The idea or the dream is very exciting in its own! This is the feel I've got from my vision Board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment